...sorry but the nosey blogger had to take a peek inside this lovely restaurant......
..and some pretty corners of Certaldo........
...feel tired? Would you like to have a rest?.....On Sunday morning, after some shopping at the farmhouse's shop (wine, extra virgin oil, white trufle patè and yummy organic jams) we left our accomodation and drove towards home..well, actually we drove in the opposite direction, towards Lucca/Pisa and reached Collodi, hometown of Pinocchio's author...
...we were a bit unsure if it would had been worthy to visit this place, as we'd have liked to see also Vinci, hometown of Leonardo da Vinci...and we were right indeed! Not worthy at all! Just some very sad scupltures hidden in the greenery..honestly it was not our cup of tea but we enjoyed the shade as it was just 37°C...
With a 20 Euros ticket each we could also visit the Garzoni Garden, designed in XVIII century......a stunning set with arabesque-like flowerbeds, water plays and large circular pools..
..Pinocchio......... I salute you!
13 comments:
I am fascinated by the Garzoni Garden it looks very pretty - was it?
Julie xxxxx
My goodness what a spectacular garden. But what I really liked out of everything was that colourful table. It's amazing! What a wonderful place to holiday - so beautiful. Oh nice shot in your bikini too Michela!!
What wonders you've seen! Great photos! Thanks! ♥
Loved seeing your wonderful holiday photos.
How amazing that you actually went to the place of Pinnociho's author and Leonardo Da Vinci.
You live in such a beautiful part of the world.
Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn
Ooooh - I love the sound of your weather!!! Spring is just about to start for me ... I can't wait!
Great pics, I almost feel like I'm on holiday with you :-)
Ciao belladonna!
Take me to Garzoni Garden please!!! Truly Rustic Tuscany... I can only dream...
The gardens are so beautiful. You did manage to pack so much into your time. I salute you!
Lisa x
Buongiorno Michela! Ah you had a swell weekend, so much to do and to see not to mention taste!! Love the 18th century garden! Love the rococo feeling. Hope this weekend is at least as pleasant! We have autumn here; it is raining cats and dogs for days. So much that I didn't go to the car boot sale today :-(
Ciao!
Your blog is a new discovery for me but I love what I have browsed of it already as I am a keen gardener and I live in Italy. I found you because of your post about sweetpeas. I plant them every year and they do Ok although they will never work as well as they do in the UK. Good to meet you.
How very glamourous you look! It all looks so very beautiful - and hot! I would love to go there. xxx
I feel like have travelled by myself to this region just by looking at your pics ! Really really great ! You are talented to sell your country :-)
Look at you relaxing in the whirlpool!
Victoria xx
What gorgeous photos - I look forward to looking around your blog more when time (and kidlets) allow -
Cat
Your NZ follower xxx
Post a Comment