..you see..our model would like to remind us that the origins of Torcello are more ancient than those of Venice, in fact many inhabitants of the mainland found refuge in this far corner of the lagoon, while escaping from the Barbarian hordes.....We ventured into the Cathedral for admiring the golden mosaics of the Veneto-Byzantine school (11th century), but sadly no pictures allowed :-(
..Honestly too much culture tired us out and the very brave Juanita dared to sit on Attila's throne! (the Huns' army leader)....
..our 2nd stop was the island of ........
..well-known for the art of lace and its cheerful houses......

Tradition says that the island has a colourful look for this reason : during winter time Burano has many foggy days and when the fishermen come back after fishing, they can easily recognize their home...
..This funny guy reminded us that it was.......
..Juanita confessed me that her next Italian destination would have been Pisa for visiting the leaning tower..I granted her wish immediately, showing her the Burano bell tower! Ha ha!..... Who's the next?!
P.S. you can read Juanita's reviews here :
http://juanitatortilla.blogspot.com/2010/06/venice-04jun10-warm-welcome.html
http://juanitatortilla.blogspot.com/2010/06/venice-05jun10-venice-in-1-day.html
http://juanitatortilla.blogspot.com/2010/06/venice-06jun10-torcello-and-burano.html
15 comments:
Italy looks wonderful - one day I will visit.
Julie xxxxxxx
Oh, how FUN! Your photos are absolutely enticing! I find it enchanting that Europeans do such a beautiful job of showing off their lovely locale! I'm going to stare at your pictures for a while!
Oh you can tell you both had fun and got on so well!
Maybe Diane and I can pop over next!!!!
Love
Lyn
xxx
After being such a fantastic host (and tour guide) for Juanita, I'm sure everyone will now want to come a visit you :0)
Jill x
You sure know how to entertain your guests! Beautiful pictures, it looks too HOT though! xxx
I wanna come, I wanne come !!!! Lovely pics from Torcello, really surprising !
Thanks for sharing this ! Loved it.
Looks like you both had masses of fun!
Burano looks like a beautiful place to visit, I love all those painted houses.
I saw Tania (from my book club) last night and she said to say a huge thank you to you.She and her husband had a great hols and your info was very so useful.
Lisa x
Where are pictures of YOU :P
Ah, great memories... A weekend was a little too short :D
I agree - Lyn and I would make perfect house guests - the tour looks PERFECT!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxx (and I would bring crisps!!!)
I think I would bring my own gondola at those prices!! Geez, are they trying to scare us off?!
Looks like you had a fab time....where are you in the photo's? mmmmm
Oops!! it is ashame for myself not to find your Italian Marothons posts so far..
How wonderful trip but too short!!
You guided perfect!!!! Haha..
Great fo you both!!!! Happy time you had in venice!! thank you for sharing!!
I wish i were..
Stunning!! :) Oh, that girl must be so happy she got all the attention :P :P
Oooh I would love to! Hee hee! Juanita looks so happy! I love those colourful houses and buildings and that bell tower is a bit wonky hey? !!! I would be a perfect guest too! I smile a lot! Have a lovely weekend Michela ! Suzie xxx
Ahhh I love burano!
Victoria x
love all the colorful houses. You are right, other than the leaning tower, there's not much to see in Pisa.
Post a Comment