Last Sunday, whilst escaping the crazy multitude of tourists visiting Venice for Carnival, I bumped into "the most beautiful bookshop in the world", according to its very modest sign...
This little gem is only a few steps away from my "town house" but due to my "late in the evening/very early in the morning commuting" I never have time to wander around :-(
As soon as you enter, you're greated by the very friendly owner and his big (and a bit scary) furry guardian....
It looks a bit messy inside, but wouldn't you fancy to help yourself from a full-sized gondola, instead of a boring shelf ?!
There's a labyrinth of interconnected rooms, along to bathtubs filled with books and sleeping cats you will find a doorway leading straight out onto a canal where the water level seems a precarious few centimeters away from spilling into the room (hence its name "Acqua Alta", high water).You will also be invited to reach a a tiny quiet courtyard which hosts a staircase made entirely from books....
..and to climb up to the top for a lovely view onto the canal.....
I didn't buy anything, just had a quick look at some intriguing books, prints and postcards but I'm planning to return soon with more time on my hands.
Sometimes it's nice to play tourist in your own town, isn't it?!






17 comments:
Now that is my kind of bookshop!
Julie xxxxxx
I am so happy to see you posting again, and what a wonderful post it is! How I would love to visit a shop like that, it is just amazing. Thank you for the beautiful photographs.xx
What an amazing book shop!Thanks for sharing these photos, and hope you get to go back and have a really good browse when you have more time!
Gill xx
surely should be on my list if ever I visit Venice again! Thanks for the tip ;-) x
It's wonderful! I'm so glad you found it and I hope you DO go back soon!
What a wonderful bookshop no wonder you want to return and explore some more:)
Looks crazy fun, especially for both book and cat lovers :D His furry guardian looks BIG!! :D
Now that look s like a shop where you could spend hours.
What a gorgeous shop! A treasure trove on your doorstep! x
Hello Michela,
That looks a wonderful place to have a rummage, nothing like an interesting book! Hope you are well?
Enjoy your weekend!
That is indeed the best bookshop I have ever seen and my daughter would absolutely love this. I for one would love to see more of your your town now that you are a p/t resident xxxx
pretty nice blog, following :)
amazing place! would love to go and visit one day! thanks for sharing! :)<3
Hello Michela,
What a wonderful bookshop and you must have had a great time browsing around there. Love the beautiful photo of the Canal and the sunset.
Hope all is well with you.
hugs
Carolyn
I just visited Venice in June 2014 - but did not see your wonderful bookshop. :( I would have spent a whole afternoon there I'm sure! Visit my website at itsalaboutculture.com and leave a comment if you like.
Loved Venice - hope to return someday.
Lovely to hear from you Michela! I hope life is treating you well. x
Which integrated solutions can be built using a VOIP platform & practical business application? And what are the benefits of these solutions?
Learn more in our ebook ? https://channeltake.com/business-voip/
Post a Comment