Thursday, November 21, 2013

The return of the wanderer..

One year later....well, here I am!
It has been a weird mixed year this one...
December and January were spent having fun with friends, February brought me a boyfriend and I flew to London for a girly weekend...
..where of course I had to catch up with my lovely friend Kelly and her family...
(sipping a  cup of tea and enoying a cupcake, at the Primrose Bakery in Notting Hill)
A romantic getaway to Prague in March....
(the beer is not mine, I just borrowed it LOL!)
 
In April I gave my parents a trip to Amsterdam, we stayed in a houseboat, cycled through the flowers fields and came home with 2 extra cases full of vintage stuff : /
 
In July another romantic getaway... to Lake Como
At the end of August a car trip to the lovely village of Rovinj/Croatia...
..And the first week of November was spent in New York..
..where I met up with my longtime buddy Juanita ..


(we almost got lost in Brooklyn while finding our direction to the flea market  and she brought me a generous huge bag of American treats! )

It could seem I've been holidaying all the time but this is only the bright side of life...
Family life has changed a lot since my grandad got stuck on a wheelchair last June...time off from work is spent trying to make his life as normal as possible and helping at home with cleaning , ironing, etc.....
I didn't even dare to blog again but some lovely bloggy friends have encouraged me to do it...
Not sure when next time will be, but it won't take so long, LOL!

 
 

14 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

well hellooooo! Nice to see you up here again ;-)

KC'sCourt! said...

You've had a nice time. I'm sure you have been working hard too. Sorry to hear about your grandad. It is wonderful to see you back in blogland
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Alison said...

Well, nice to see a roundup! I'm glad you're back here and will be thinking of you & your grandad.

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I've missed you, wonderful girl! Glad you're back! You've had some adventures!

greenthumb said...

It dose look like you have been having a big holiday, nice to see you bake.

Lisa said...

So very lovely to see you! You gave been a little globetrotter this year, what amazing trips you've done. And with a male companion too!
Any time you can blog is good, it's a treat to see you again!
Lisa x

Lyn said...

I am so glad you are making the most of your free time and happy you have someone to share it with!
Don't forget if you ever want a holiday in Yorkshire Diane and myself will be only too happy to oblige!
Xxxxxx

Country Style Living said...

So good to hear from you Michela, looks like you have enjoyed a very adventurous year! Sorry to hear about your Grandad, I hope things are working out for you, and we hear from you again soon! Take Care. Maria

Blueberry Heart said...

well hello Michela!
So nice to see you back! It certainly looks as though you have had an eventful year, lots of fab photos there!
Hope you continue to visit blogworld!
Kerryx

Simone said...

Welcome back Michela! It is so good to hear from you. Fantastic photographs! x

Diane said...

I echo Lyn's sentiments - you are welcome here ANYTIME. Lyn and I ALWAYS talk about you when we meet up, infact we are seeing each other in a couple of weeks time. Should we discuss hats? (If you know what I mean!!!). I'm so glad you have been getting about so much - I am very envious - such lovely places. I'm so glad you popped by with a catch up - you are missed xxxxxxx

Little Blue Mouse said...

Hi, long time no see....
Looks like you've been adventuresome in your absence!
I'm sorry yo hear about your Grandad.

Simone said...

Happy Christmas and a happy and healthy 2014 MIchaela! x

Simone said...

Sorry Michela that I mis-spelt your name!!! x