Sunday, September 16, 2012

Milan in the sunshine this time!

I already took you to Milan once, but it was Winter and freezing cold...so what's better than a beautiful  and warm Saturday in September?
After a 2 hours' train trip and a short underground ride, I took a long walk through the city centre..... The picturesque area of Navigli....
...The Sforza Castle....
The Cathedral Square and its shopping arcade, La Scala (world renowned opera house) and last but not least Via della Spiga, one of the most prestigious and upscale shopping streets...
La Rinascente, sort if Italian Selfridges,where I had a refreshing break on its top floor and enjoyed the lovely view over the Cathedral....
..followed by a "Panzerotto", a pocket of dough filled with melted mozzarella chese and tomato sauce........3 different long  queues in front of the shop and people sit on the footpath biting into their twist of paper....could you believe this humble bakery had also a bodyguard?!
3 kilometers of shopping streets in the afternoon...I must confess you I couldn't wait to reach the train station, LOL!
I did buy myself only a leopardskin scarf...so empty-handed but full stomach, judging by the awful amount of sweets I had ........ 
Off to work magic for the 10 big blisters I got on my feet now! Ouch! :-)

18 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Wow! You are a wonderful tour guide, Michela!
Thanks for walking so far for us! I love the photographs!

Diane said...

Now I want to go !!! It all looks so lovely and much better in the sun. We talked about you LOADS yesterday - did your ears burn? xxxxxxxx

Lisa said...

Just look at all those little sweet treats! Worth all the alking and the blisters surely?!
Thank you for the tour.
Hope you are having a good rest now after a really interesting day out in such a beautiful city.
Lisa x

Beki said...

What a beautiful city, hope the blisters are healing xx

greenthumb said...

What a wonderful city, I just love your photos.

KC'sCourt! said...

What a wonderful place - Lovely photos
Julie xxxxxxx

Lululiz said...

What a beautiful city, and your photographs are gorgeous.

Rosie said...

Full tummy and blistered feet but you also had a wonderful time and have lots of happy memories of your visit, too - plus a new scarf! I've loved all your photos thanks for sharing your trip to Milan:)

Little Blue Mouse said...

It looks lovely, great photos!

Simone said...

Thank you for the shopping trip! I am sure I could have spent loads of money. You were very restrained to just buy a scarf. The food looks absolutely inspiring and delicious!x

LindyLouMac said...

A lovely day out, all those cakes :)

Kelly said...

Looks lovely! I'm so glad you included a picture of the Sforza castle, we have been watching the Borgias on TV!!!

Lyn said...

i have never been ti Milan, it looks very glamorous!
and all those lovely treats.
xxx

Alison said...

OK, so now it's on our list for our NEXT visit to Italy! Thanks for that lovely tour - and thanks for your comments too. Our grapes are really lovely this year and Ben has built a great netting structure to keep the birds away from them, so they are all for us and our friends/neighbours this year!

Anonymous said...

hi! Thanks for visiting :) and you were right of course, my first experience of meeting a fellow blogger was fabulous and now I have a new friend (who my husband can now be sure is real...he always maes comments about my 'virtual friends' haha! back soon :)

Vicki Boster said...

Michela- what a wonderful wonderful tour via photos!! Such a beautiful city-- oh my the fabulous food!! Definately worth breaking my diet for the day!

We've just returned from travels-- I can definately identify with the blisters!!

Vicki

Country Style Living said...

Hi Michela, Lovely photo's as always, Milan is so beautiful! Look after those feet...

Anna said...

Ciao Michela!

Milano sembra molto bella nelle foto. But... I remember the smell of smog, the fog, and how grey the city was and how hot and stuffy it felt, being in a city where, in Summer, the sky wasn't blue, or as blue as "my! sky!

Last time I was in Milan, we stopped at the station for a couple of hours and I told myself that I would never go back. Maybe it's just me... I know it's me, but...

The city looks beautiful in your photos. All Italian cities are beautiful and buzzing with life.

I remember Piazza del Duomo at Christmas time and my dad buying me a small Panettone Motta in a pale blue box!

Nice post, Michela! Milano really looks beautiful in your lovely photos!

BUONA DOMENICA!

ANNA
xx