Being the last weekend of Carnival, yesterday I took advantage of a super sunny Saturday and ventured to Saint Mark's Square......

..boy if it was crowded!!!








..I had a little seasonal treat before shouldering again my way towards home.....
..the traditional "frittella" (doughnut), made in many different variations , such as Veneziana with rhum soaked sultanas and pine nuts, filled with pastry cream , filled with Zabaione (my choice) or even Nutella!
34 comments:
DEar Michela,
You make my so homesick for my home country! The images are gorgeous and colourful, as one would expect. Very, very nice!
And your frittelle... where I come from, frittelle (Frittella in the singular) is something else... totally different! But... it just goes to show you what a wonderful melting pot BEAUTIFUL ITALY is!
Grazie per il bel post!
ANNA
xxx
Hi Michela
How are you - I was actually thinking I must email you! I will - promise
It all looks fascinating and great fun
The cake looks extra yummy!
Julie xxxxxxxx
What beautiful beautiful photos LOVE those masks!
And as for the rubbish gggrrrrr
I really want to come to Venice for Carnevale one day, I will get there, it look amazing.
Hope you and your family are all well, looking forward to seeing you in the summer.
Love Jill xx
I really want to come to Venice for Carnevale one day, I will get there, it look amazing.
Hope you and your family are all well, looking forward to seeing you in the summer.
Love Jill xx
wow what great costumes....I can see you in the little red outfit Michela...maybe next year!?
The pastry looks delicious too!
xxx
That looks great fun Michela - thanks for taking us xxxxx
WOW, it all looks amazing, I just wish I could have been there!!!
Sue Xxx
What amazing photographs! I would so love to visit Venice and I can't resist fancy dress and masked balls... Thank you for a lovely post. Jane x
I was waiting for this post ! The pics and costumes are just beyond imagination. Thank you so much for sharing this ... and the pastry .... zabaglione .... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I've enjoyed your photos of the carnival, Michela thanks for sharing them. It looks wonderful especially the costumes but I guess it gets very crowded:)
Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous images of Carnevale in Venice, I would love to visit during this period one day.
What amazing costumes. One day I will visit for the carnival ... the last time I visited Venice I was just 9 years old! A lovely post. M x
Wonderful! I am glad you didn't cover your pretty face with a mask!!! x
Those costumes are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing with us
Lisa x
So sad we missed it!!! Next year I promise xxxx
Dear Michaela
What a fabulous day. I wish I could have joined you. Such fun and the coffee and desert has me drooling.
Thanks for sharing this special time
Helen xx
I don't care about the mess on the streets, because the frittella is 100x worth the visit !!! :)
Incredible pictures........... They look like they were from a Carneval calendar :D
So, good thing you had proof! :)
Amazing photographs! You just got to love all those wonderful costume. Great pic of you, btw. Its good to see your lovely smile.
What a lovely time you must have had. Lots of great photos also.
Wow! Thank you for a bright and colorful outing, Michela!
It looks like a lot of fun!
I hope you are doing well. Are your sinuses bothering you?
So much fun!! And fab picture of you!
Hope you're well sweetie,
Victoria xxx
Amazing photos...the costumes are fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing them with us all, makes me miss Venice even more!!
Hugs,
Chris :o)
Hi Michaela,
I found your blog through "Where are you Olga?" and congratulations. The pictures are amazing and Venice is really a fantastic city. Carnival there is unique. I'll be following you. Hugs Cristina
Michalea- your photos are so beautiful. I'd sure love to be back at Venice again. I love it so much. The costumed people are so lovely- you captured the party perfectly in your photos!
Thanks so much!
Vicki
Michela, these are amazing photos! Great detail, I envy you so much for being able to see this.I will one day come back to Venice during Carnival!
As for London - you are most welcome! Let me know if you need a place to stay - you can stay with us :)
fantastic... seems the carnival in venice it's all it's pictured...
XOXO
http://atravelerjourney.blogspot.pt/
Happy Easter Michela. Don't eat too many chocolate eggs!!! x
Is it my imagination or have you dropped out of FB, I went there to thank you for your recent nice messages on my blog, which I am unable to reply direct to. The wisteria is out here also, and alliums I will show you later in the year. Buona Pasqua xx
wow...what pictures!! I would love to see this in person! thanks.
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
LOVELY PICS:) I always wanted to go to a real masquerade ..
I really like your blog and will happily follow.
If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great week.
LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)
Such wonderful pictures. It simply MUST be the place to be in February. The Frittella, filled with Zabaione looks divine.
Anna
Michela, yes thankyou I did get the postcard from Holland, I could not reply to your comment on your blog though so I have popped over here to say thanks.
xxx
Very interesting photos! Love Italy!
Post a Comment