Saturday, November 6, 2010

Verona - International Horse Festival

I had a lovely Saturday in Verona with my cousin...
....we visited the International Horse Festival, which has been a landmark in the world equestrian panorama for more than a century. Founded in 1898 as a simple horse market, today - on the eve of its 112th edition - it is an appointment with a truly international flavour..... ..I really enjoyed it even if I'm not a horse lover...look how embarassed I was!!! ..Among a huge offer of attractions, some Italian folklore............and even some enchanting Flamenco dancers...
...and a lot of curiosities.......
...The best hairstyle............................... ...and the worst one!!! ...This head looks like mine in the morning before using the straightner, ha ha!
..Could a shopping opportunity be missing?!....... ....At the end of the day we felt like these.................
...and last but not least................we walked on A LOT of this..........................
...Put on number 54 if you play lotto, as it's supposed to bring good luck, ha ha! :D

23 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Ooooh Michela!!! Did you have to show us that photo?? It sure looked like a good country day out. Love the hairstyles! Did they really have a competition for their hair?? Bit over the top if they did.

Cat said...

Ohlala I see some t-shirts there for Philosopher - he's a little cowboy mad! And hey I just put a sack load of 'that' into a 200litre drum of water today - it's good for the garden you know!

Tracey said...

We really enjoyed too it when we went. Lovely pictures, I love the bad hair day, he just wants cuddling! xxxxx

Lisa said...

What an intersting day out. S would love to see that horse with the plaits, she loves her my litle ponies!
Lisax

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Michela,

What a lovely part of the world you live in... I enjoyed seeing your wonderful photos of your day out. Thanks for sharing and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Hugs
Carolyn

Lyn said...

I would love to go to this fair, I do love horses and would love to start riding again! What a good day you had though, even if your not that into horses!
love
Lyn
xxx

LiLi M. said...

I think cat B. is right. It should be especially good for roses, so the next time....hehehehe! I'm not a horse person myself either but I love to be part of every trip you make! As a matter of fact I have noticed something that I will share with you; did you know that you easily find a (new) romantic relationship at the stables? We use to have a dining club with people from my husbands school. They (all men) found their second wives at the stable and one dorky guy found his first wive over there. My brothers ex wife has a new relationship with...a member of her horse riding club (my brother started having 'other' relationships, I have to say that, I wish he didn't).
Yes ladies and this advice is totally free XD! Have a great weekend!

zsazsazsu said...

Just a great 'reportage' of this event !
You made me smile a lot Michela !
Me too, I am not a horsefan.

Diane said...

I think the horse looks more embarrased than you! - Its certainly not happy being photoagraphed with you - its edging away! Reading Lili M's comment - I have to ask - did you find a fella? I loved this post Michela - glad you had a good time. xxxxxx

Simone said...

Such a funny post Michela!!! I am sure your hair never looks THAT bad!!! x

Diane said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - you can be such a tart! xxxxx

Diane said...

oh - and post the censored pictures - just for me! xxxxxx

Sarah said...

Hi Michela
That day looks right up my street - I love horses. Love the photo of you next to one - both of you look very unsure of each other!!!
xx

Rosie said...

Lol - love the bad hair day pony - so cute! Did you take home some of the last photo's contents to put on your roses?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a fun event! You took some great photos! I would like to see your outfit up close! Looks like you are wearing something very chic! ♥

Unknown said...

Hello lovely! I rather like horse. Neigh! You don't do you, yes I do! I like most things with four legs though! Love the hairstyle, very fetching! You look lovely as ever in your photo. I will try 54 next time we do the lotto! Susie xxxx

LindyLouMac said...

As I sit here at the computer with the torrential rain beating against the house, it is interesting to see these photos and be transported to another place where it is dry! I would have loved to attend that event myself.

Heidi said...

I love horses and those little minature ones...I want one! how cute were they but they are big poopers that could be alot of scooping.

I love your outfit, your so stylish.

Alison said...

Wox - it looks wonderful and, like you, I'm not even a horse lover!

Thanks for your kind comments and thoughts for me and the family recently.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm not really a horse fan either but those little guys are cute!!!

Victoria xx

Country Style Living said...

Looks like a great day out! Full of Italian culture....very amusing post

Pom Pom said...

Hi Michela! Your post is beautiful! I think I need a tiny horse!

Kelly said...

I'm not a horse person! The little ones look quite cute though!!!